Tuesday, April 3, 2012

46.66666666666666666 percent done with chemo

Got up early to hit the treadmill before chemo this morning.  Only two weeks left in the exercise study (where I have to be accountable for my exercise).  Hoping I stay motivated after that to keep up 150 minutes a week of "something" aerobic.  Already lined up a neighborhood walking partner.  That should help.

Chemo report: Blood work - good! Fifth treatment - done!  Seven more to go. As usual, easy-peasy.  Also as always, just a little headache afterwards, which usually starts at home, but started during chemo.  Tylenol from the nurse fixed me right up.  I've heard of those thousand dollar bills for two hospital aspirin - hope this isn't one of them :)  I packed up 14 Tylenol of my own in my chemo (toy) bag for the next 7 treatments.  Easier :)

Today's Chuckle: An RN from my insurance company called to see why I was in the hospital two weeks ago (citing she had not been given much information).  I said, "Well, I have cancer...."  She said, "You do?"  Glad to know I have such great guardians of my health care :)  Can' complain - bills just for the chemo (no testing, hospital, lab work, etc.) run about $65K per month (times 6) and I pay very little of that.

Back to grading papers.  73.9  percent done with those.  Pushing to finish tonight.

P.S.  My suicidal student is doing much better.  He went home for a couple of weeks and his profs are letting him catch up on his work from home.  He wants to meet with me again next week.  Feeling like I made a difference for this one.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment