Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So, here we go again

Redux: [ri-duhks] Definition: redone, restored, brought back or revisited.  Yup...that says it all.  My ovarian cancer is back.

By the way, I really had/have fallopian tube cancer that spread to my ovaries - so I've been calling it ovarian cancer.  Treatment is the same.  Fallopian tube cancer is really rare.  Guess I'm just special :)

Because I've been in a research study (taking chemo pills at home), I have been having more frequent CT Scans than other patients.  Good thing, because I have no symptoms and my blood work is normal.  Yesterday's CT Scan picked up a tiny lesion in my abdomen.  Not sure yet whether it will be biopsied (and that could delay my new chemo) and there could be a false negative.  So, Elena, the wonder doc says - let's go for the chemo.  Different cocktail this time.  Starting Tuesday for 4 hours, the following Tuesday for an hour, then a week off.  Repeat 6 times for a total of 16 weeks.

I shouldn't be as wiped out this time and may not lose my hair.  Staying strong.  Now must learn to deal with cancer as a chronic condition.  I got lemons, looking now for the lemonade.  Off to synagogue for 6 PM minyan. Prayer can only help.

No comments:

Post a Comment