Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Best Therapy Ever!

Went to the gym this morning. I've been working with a trainer at Apogee Physical Training, Hamden, CT (you're welcome, John Niarchos/owner).  My new best friend is pictured here.  I put on the boxing gloves and punched and kicked the heck out of this guy this morning - felt fabulous!  Better than therapy!

Doing really well today!  Recognizing all the things in my favor.  First, that they found this growth at all.  Second, by passing the 6 month mark (3 months ago) cancer-free, I know my cancer responds to chemo - and will be able to do it again.  And, except for having a little thing called cancer, I am in the best shape of my life.  I've been eating well and exercising more than ever (trainer 2x a week + 5x a week treadmill, elliptical, bike, or something else aerobic). Plan to keep it up!
So, bring on the chemo.  If I can beat up Everlast guy, I'm ready!  Honest, he looked happier this morning before I got to him ;)

3 comments:

  1. You are my hero. If tenacity and force of will can beat the beast,you're home free. I can't tell how thrilled I am that you and John are in my life. Look forward to our next dinner -- but I'll be sure to duck in case you confuse me with your new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Risin' up straight to the top
    Had the guts, got the glory
    Went the distance
    Now I'm not gonna stop
    Just a man and his will to survive

    You definately have the eye of the tiger

    ReplyDelete