Blood looked good today. White counts (thank to Neulasta shot) are AOK - so no food, people restrictions. If the white count is low, I would be susceptible to germs and the restrictions are many, many - including no fruits and vegetables, kissing people, soft serve yogurt or DQ. Yay for that!!Red blood count was low (anemic) and slowly sliding down, which explains the tiredness and shortness of breath - all temporary.
Also, there was a possibility of losing or breaking hair. Hasn't happened yet, so likely won't. I'm on a good run today!!
And....I was able to get my chemo today! Easy time of it. Got a new Kindle (after my paperback was so hard to hold on to with the exceptional winds in Aruba last week) and enjoyed that while I sat for several hours today. Reading the spicy book on the best sellers list "Fifty Shades of Grey." Haven't gotten to the spicy parts yet.
Tired this afternoon (always few hours after chemo), but expect to rebound tomorrow.
Looks like I will still be having treatments through July 10. Didn't make sense to shorten the cycle now that we've added the Neulasta shots. That needs time in the cycle, too. So, still, every other Tuesday through July 10.
Glad you get to keep your hair this go round. I'm currently doing a great imitation of a cue ball. Need to take a pic to post so everyone can get a laugh, not just me.
ReplyDeleteHope your chemo tomorrow is easy!
ReplyDelete