Monday, March 5, 2012

Looks like chemo is on for tomorrow

Went for my pre-chemo blood work this morning.  They said they would call if there is a problem for my getting chemo tomorrow - no call.  No news is good news.  Also, before my long chemo (tomorrow), I needed a scratch test to see if I've become allergic to one of the drugs (Carboplatin - only drug they are repeating from my first chemo).  No rash - good to go.  So, seeing doc first, then chemo.  Expecting to be a little tired later in the day tomorrow.  No biggie. 

Gave my students their mid-term today.  Plan to grade them during tomorrow's chemo.  Then, last class on Wednesday. 

The big deal tomorrow is seeing whether my blood work was good enough today that I can go on vacation Friday - hoping so.  If I am on the low side even before chemo (even if good enough for chemo), won't be so good.  Doc is convinced I'll be fine.  Let's see if she agrees after seeing today's blood results.

No comments:

Post a Comment