Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good stuff all around today!

Started the day on the treadmill.  Almost fell off laughing so hard at Daily Shows that I had DVR'd.  Good therapy (laughing, not falling)

Blood results from yesterday were fantastic!  (That's my body at work, no IV helpers).  Better than expected.

Appointment with wonder doc, Elena who gave me a good pep talk about her optimism about my prognosis.  In her words, "not as sh*tty as other stories."  I'll take it!  She is still sending my case out for lots of other opinions.  Decided to not cut my dose today as she wants to be as aggressive as possible.  Told me I will get very tired, but it's all temporary.  Neulasta shot tomorrow.  Causes muscle pain (kinda like flu, without the other symptoms).  Interesting thing is taking Claritin (allergy med) reduces symptoms.  Bizarre! I take that every day anyway. 

My vacation (with John (of course), his sister and her boyfriend) to Aruba is looking good!  I'll have more blood work on Thursday, to be sure, and then if AOK, leaving Friday!

Chemo was easy-peasy today.  Because I had the preliminary work done yesterday, I was only there a couple of hours - not enough time to finish grading mid-terms.  But, I felt so good afterwards, I finished them at home.  Early to bed tonight, for sure.  Admittedly, a little tired.

At 8:30 tonight, I'm participating in a Sharsheret conference call for ovarian cancer survivors.  Topic: "Letting Loose – how to truly be in touch with your emotions."  Not sure I want to change, but who knows?  I didn't think I needed a pep talk either.
  For my fellow Gleeks :) 

2 comments:

  1. Mazel Tov! Obviously all your studying for your blood tests paid off! Expect to hear that you're off to Aruba in a couple of days. Send a postcard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean with handwriting and stamps. I'll have to bring my quill pen, too :) lLaptop sounds good.

      Delete