Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh yeah, my blog

So, the good news is, my life is fairly normal and continues to be too boring (not to me, but probably to my readers) to write about. 

But, if you're wondering how I'm doing, the answer is great!  A little excitement with last Tuesday's chemo.  On Thursday, when I looked in the mirror, I looked like a Cabbage Patch doll - eyes and face swollen, no other symptoms. 

Just as I thought, allergic reaction to the chemo and physician's assistant confirmed I should just take a benadryl.  By evening, I was back to AOK.  Weird, but not surprising.  I am repeating one of my chemo drugs from last time.  People become sensitive to it and, for the second go-around, they actually do a scratch test before treatment.  My scratch test was uncertain - and we all settled on negative.  Guess not - although this was a pretty mild reaction.  I only have two more times for this drug, so we'll watch the scratch test more closely and if positive (or even if not, I'm guessing), I'll get benadryl added to my cocktail.

Only other side effects these days is a little tiredness and still having shortness of breath.

But.....I've managed to play golf 3 times in the past week - and pretty respectably.  Best news of all is that I walked 9 holes on Sunday.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I think all my treadmilling paid off, because I found it pretty easy - also thanks to my new, lightweight pushcart (instead of carrying my clubs) and my friend Phyllis and then, John, pushing it up two steep, but small, hills for me.  Tried myself, but that darn shortness of breath kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment