Thursday, March 22, 2012

Party time!

My version of a party....Background first. Was feeling all the effects of anemia. Was somewhat anemic with Tuesday's bloodwork, but felt worse today. Emailed my doctor who called me as we were on the road to visit my parents for the weekend. She wanted me down at the hospital for a CT scan (to rule out a blood clot due to my recent flight from Aruba - really unlikely). And, as I suspected, I'm even more anemic, so she ordered a blood transfusion.

Now, back to the party part. I can't get the CT scheduled until this evening and then the transfusion after that, so I am now an overnight inpatient at Smilow. John went home to get a good night's sleep and Perri an I are having a girls night/party at the hospital.

After the CT scan we'll be ordering Chinese food delivery and watching a movie. What's better than that? Planning on early checkout (keep thinking this is a hotel) so we can continue our trip to Maryland ASAP.

Just waiting for the scan and then we'll party on!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the latest wrinkle - but glad you found an excuse to party!

    ReplyDelete