Got my 10th chemo treatment today. Only 2 more - finished July 10. Unremarkable, except pharmacy was running late so I was there a lot longer than expected. Filled in the time with a little cup of chocolate ice cream and reading my Mah Jongg book (taking lessons on Tuesdays).
I'm anemic, but on the edge of needing a blood transfusion. Will watch for symptoms over next few days. Likely, I'll turn the corner on my own and won't need it.
Shortness of breath continues to be a problem - only 7-13 days after chemo (when the chemo really kicks in). Bothered me more than usual this cycle, but stopped today. I'm thinking it's because they give me steroids with the chemo that fixes it - until next week. Minor issue. So happy that this chemo is so easy!
Had a fun, busy weekend. Went to a Zumba party Friday night, but because of the shortness of breath, couldn't participate. Had this pic taken and put on Facebook. After all the positive comments, I had to confess that it was fake.
Went to NYC overnight Saturday. Saw two cousins (one on each side of my family), Jimmy Shure's adorable seven-week old granddaughter, and Jimmy's children and spouses. Had dinner with Jimmy and the Rosenholtz's; lunch Sunday with Rabbi Sheya and Bluma. Had this pic taken - fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment