Sunday, June 3, 2012

This week's wrap-up

So, I learned something this week.  Been completely exhausted and napping like crazy this past week.  Assumed that the chemo finally got to me (it is supposed to make me really tired, not just a little tired).



Tried to go out Thursday night after a two hour nap and just couldn't get going.  Also, with no reason at all, been really flat/down.  Took myself off of Ativan last night (which I've been taking for about 10 days straight to sleep). 

Today, I am a new person - not tired, upbeat, feeling good again! I had been concerned that I was needing to take it (or "something") every night and mentioned it to the nurses and my doctor on Tuesday.  All agreed, that most of the patients need it and are taking it to sleep (chemo seems to cause insomnia).  Well, this patient -  Not taking that again!  I can't believe what a change in how I feel today!! 

Went on friends' boat (yacht, really) today for a nice ride across the Long Island Sound to Greenport/Hamptons.  Lovely way to spend a relaxing day.  Gym tomorrow (with more energy for sure this week) and golf on Wednesday.  Back to being me!!!!  (not zombie me).

No comments:

Post a Comment